Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Allie Skirt Road Test

Allie skirt
by Synthia Lee Gerritson
a Designer Stitch design


I love to wear skirts but don't wear them often. I really enjoyed sewing up the Allie skirt with its many options. Shown above Is the grommet and leather tie-wrap version. I made this one out of lightweight denim and I paired it with the Eleni top with flared sleeves, also from Designer Stitch.

As with any other Designer Stitch design, sewing up a muslin for a proper fit is highly recommended, which I need to do myself. A tip for adding the grommets, strips of iron-on interfacing where the grommets will be placed is also a must to help stabilize the grommets and prevent the fabric from weakening.

I styled my Allie skirt both tucked in and tucked out for a more casual/Bohemian look. The Allie skirt can be dressed up or down.
For more information, click on the aff link.







I enjoyed testing and sewing garments for Designer Stitch because of the attention to detail, well-written patterns, and there is, for the most part, only 1 version to test. Well done Ann Grose.

The other versions and sizes to the woven Allie skirt are shown below.
Wrap front gathered with ties, D-rings with ties, Grommet with ties, and a button wrap front. 

I enjoyed testing and sewing garments for Designer Stitch because of the attention to detail, well-written instructions, and for the most part, there is only 1 version to test. Well done Ann Grose.

Thank you for reading this brief blog which includes aff links.

No comments:

Post a Comment