Monday, January 21, 2019

GreenstyleCreations Power Sports Bra

The Greenstyle Power Sports Bra
My Sew-Along-Version



I signed up to follow along with the Greenstyle Power Sports Bra, which was a 4 day SAL. This was the first time sewing the Power Sports Bra. This blog is about some of the changes I made to have a comfortable fit for me. For more information on the pattern, click on the aff link.

Day 1, fabrics used: for the bra I used active wear fabric with good stretch and recovery, the lining I used the same fabric (with power mesh in between), and for the band I used a cotton lycra. For the straps I used swimsuit lining. I needed to use cotton lycra for the bra band as I am prone to itchiness, lol.



Day 2: Begin sewing the bra. I followed along with the pattern in sizing on under bust band and full bust cup, for what the pattern called for. Once my fabric was cut (exterior and lining), I felt the side was going to be smaller than I like. I like a little more side coverage so I re-cut the side front pattern piece, 5 sizes wider than my size.  I needed the side to be wider for my liking from my under bust to under my arm pit, It probably sounds like a lot, but it fit perfect.



Bra cups: I also added sew in bra cups because I want to use the bra as an everyday undergarment. I pinned bra cups to the inner lining and once I was satisfied with placement, I zig zaged in place and continued with pattern directions to finish. I will probably use different bra cups for my next Power Sports Bra, these I had on hand at the time.



Day 3, bra straps: I like my straps to be wider than normal. I cut my strap fabric 2" wide and the length according to the pattern pieces for the straps on the strappy back. I folded the longest side in half and sewed 3/8" seam and turned right side out once sewn. Because I did not have clear elastic (follow the pattern instructions), I used lingerie elastic that was 3/4" wide and threaded it through the sewn strap. Once my straps were finished, I followed the pattern instructions to add the straps to my bra. I used swimsuit lining for my strap fabric.




Day 4, bra band: Because I have issues with the bra band sitting at my rib cage, I had to widen the band by 5" more. I then continued to follow the pattern instructions, I also added a 4" wide elastic into my bra band.





Overall, with these changes made for my liking, I love my Power Sports Bra. I feel the cups gave me added lift, the straps gave me added support, and the band feels great, and comfortable too. The easiest way for me to put my Power Sports Bra on, is from the feet on up, best way for me.

Thank you so much Sarah Connell, for doing this sew along and the videos were so helpful. I was hesitant in buying the pattern, glad I did. Your videos for the SAL were very clear and easy to follow, any beginner-advanced or anyone who sews, can make the Power Sports Bra. 

Thank you Greenstyle Designs for another great bra. The Endurance bra is just as great too with the front zipper closure

This blog contains aff links.

3 comments:

  1. I'm feeling much better about starting on my power bra with your modifications. I love the wide straps and band, plus the higher sides. You knocked this one out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! That for sharing this idea. You can buy highly comfortable and supportive sports bra online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate this post. Thank you so much for sharing this superb blog, this is really helped me a lot. As well as I referred adjustable strap sports bra, and I hope it will also help more to all.

    ReplyDelete