Friday, January 18, 2019

The Sedona, shirt/dress.

The Sedona shirt and or dress
a pdf by Designer Stitch.


Before I begin, this picture was taken last year and today I have grey hair. Just so that you the reader won't be surprised when my next blog contains pictures of me transitioning to grey hair.

I had the privilege of testing the Sedona shirt/dress for Designer Stitch Designs. I chose to make the tunic length. I used rayon fabric, the contrast fabric is also rayon but from an old dress I tore up. I felt the contrast fabric went well with the main color. 

I found the pattern easy to follow along. I did need to alter the pattern by shortening the length. Being 5'3" tall, I find I need to shorten for most pdf patterns. The hardest part for me was finding a good placement for the front pockets, after a few tries, it worked out. 

Took a trip to San Jose's Kelly park for these pictures. Kelly park has great scenery at the Japanese Garden, a separate section of the park.


I styled my Sedona with a matching sash and also tried it with a black belt and jeans. I would normally wear this top with leggings as I am a leggings fan. But, I dropped/lost my leggings along the way to getting dressed, lol.


I also used the contrast fabric for the back yolk and inverted my back pleat, I like using inverted back pleats. 



Overall I am very pleased with the Sedona, the design is so in trend right now. The instructions are very well written and Ann also provides many tutorials for added help. The Sedona comes in different lengths, variations, and is intended for woven fabrics. For more information, click on the aff link.

Some details.



THANK YOU ANN GROSE FROM DESIGNER STITCH, FOR ANOTHER GREAT DESIGN.

This blog post contain aff link.

2 comments: