Tuesday, December 26, 2017

SewSynSewn


Some of what I have sewn
from Designer Stitch Designs




Shown above, the Indu pants
New pattern release. When I first saw the tester call for these pants, I thought, no, I wouldn't wear these, but decided to think outside the box. I am so happy I decided to sew these up. Very comfortable to wear, and received many compliments wanting to know where I bought them. These can be styled many different ways, and come in two versions. 

I enjoy sewing and testing Designer Stitch designs, I feel I can be creative.
Here are some of DS designs I have enjoyed sewing.

Below is the Synthia Top.




Next is the Santi skirt, I made mine out of a jean fabric with contrasting top stitch and a tie belt. I also paired the Santi skirt with the Kat top from Designer Stitch.




The Tanner Culottes, mine were made from a blue jean fabric.


The Frida Dress/Tunic, show here with an applique sewn in, white cotton eyelet fabric, and trims.

The Gyspsy dress/tunic, show here is the hi/low dress version, made from a challis rayon fabric.


Shown below is the Ravanna wrap pants paired with the Ella cami.

The Kristen dress, I just love this dress, made out of a soft peach skin fabric, love how it flows.



Below is the Eleni Top/Tunic/Dress/Maxi, made with a rayon challis fabric.



Below is the Kiera skirt, a fun skirt layered with ribbons.

The willow Kimono shown below, made with a re-purposed silk fabric and rayon fringe and trim.

,

Shown below is the Synthia Top.


 I enjoyed sewing the Synthia, not just because it was named after myself, but because it is such a feminine top that can be dressed up or down. I chose to dress up by wearing a black skirt and heels, and pairing it with a small clutch. I also made the Alyse tapered pants, by Designer Stitch, to have a more casual/dressy look. I feel the Synthia was made to my taste, I love to wear a garment I have made with chiffon fabric, as this one was, it gives a soft look. I specially love to wear garments designed by Ann Grose, she has given a lot of detail and thought into the Synthia top.











Designer Stitch is known for well drafted Pdf patterns, easy to understand and well written instructions. Once you find your sizing with DS patterns, you'll pretty much use the same size in all her patterns. I love DS pattern and being a part of the testing team. Thank you Ann Grose for great designs.

Click on the aff link for your pdf copy and more information on all designs.
http://designerstitch.com/?affiliates=12

Thank you

2 comments:

  1. My lovely Synthia.
    What a stunning and fabulous ambassadress you are for Designer Stitch patterns. You have them them all equally beautiful and they look so stylish on you. You are such an elegant and self poised woman. Well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for your compliments and for responding to my blog. I love to sew and test for Designer Stich.

      Delete