Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Designer Stitch Camilia Road Test.

Camilia Dress
a Designer Stitch design
sewn by Synthia



I am loving the Camilia dress. I enjoyed sewing this dress so I made 3 because I know they will be used often. While the design is the same, each of my 3 dresses are intended for a different purpose and made from 3 different fabric types. I love the way the Camilia hugs your body, giving any body type a figure flattering look. Comes in two dress lengths and 3 sleeves lengths.

My favorite Camilia dress is the first one I made in Red. I chose red because I had Holidays in mind for this upcoming season. The fabric I chose was in my fabric stash. It is a medium weight stretch fabric, it shines, and shows the front pleats very well. I made the 3/4" sleeve length and just past the knee.




Camilia dress #2





For the Camilia dress above, in pink/wine/black/white colors, I chose to use a medium weight Liverpool fabric. I love this fabric, very easy to sew and holds the pleats very well, comfortable to wear. I made this dress sleeveless and plan on using it while there are still a few summer weeks. This was my friend's favorite.

Dress #3




Dress #3 is more of a casual wear dress. I made dress #3 out of a medium weight jersey type fabric with great stretch and recovery. The key to having the pleats not droop, great recovery from whatever type of stretch fabric is used. I love how this dress feels on, very comfortable and figure flattering. I made the long sleeve version and comes just below the knee. This dress can be casual or dressy.

Thank you Ann Grose from Designer Stitch Designs, for another great design.

For more information, click on the aff link.

No comments:

Post a Comment