Friday, April 26, 2019

Seamingly Smitten Dolman Sweater

Dolman Sweater
with sweater knit fabric


Years ago when I first began sewing with sweater knit fabric, I was looking through pdf patterns. I discovered the Etsy shop and found the women's Dolman Sweater top, by Seamingly Smitten. http://seaminglysmitten.com?aff=154

I sewed up the Asymmetrical collar version, love this version. I did need to adjust the pattern and grade down. It was my first time sewing with sweater knit fabric, and my fabric was a stretchier fabric than I was used to sewing. Sweater knit fabrics can be a bit tricky to sew with.

I styled my Dolman Sweater by layering it with a turtleneck top underneath, a skirt, and boots, I just love boots. 

Since sewing the Seamingly Smitten Dolman Sweater years ago, I have learned a lot more about sweater knit fabrics and have sewn many more sweaters successfully.

About sweater knit fabrics. If you would like to learn more about sweater knit fabric and to help you pic the right fabric for the right sweater, without posting anyone's advertisement, because there were lots on the internet on sweater knit fabric, I found this one article on sweater knit fabric to be very helpful. 

Thank you for reading this brief blog on my first garment sewn with sweater knit fabric
.

This blog does contains aff link to Seamingly Smitten.


No comments:

Post a Comment