Friday, August 16, 2019

Remi Roadtest

Remi Dress/Top
sewn by Synthia L Gerritson
a Designer Stitch Design
a brief blog.


I was very happy to be a part of the Remi Roadtest. Here where I live, it has been very hot.  So, the Remi design came at a great time for summer wear. I was happy to sew up the Remi in the midi length version in rayon fabric.  I also made extra straps and crisscrossed them. Because the Remi is with thin straps, you'd probably want to wear a strapless bra. Or you can customize your Remi for wider straps to cover the bra straps.






During the testing phase of the Remi, I sewed the tunic version and experimented by hacking the original Remi and making a v-neck. I made the black v-neck Remi out of a peach skin fabric, feels very soft.


I also used double straps for the black Remi, I really like the look with double straps.




 I could explain briefly how I hacked for the v-neck. For my v-neck Remi, from the front bodice pattern, top edge, I measured from the centerfold, approximately 5" down and marked. I then began to cut the pattern at an angle starting at the mark I placed, slightly curving so that it's not a complete straight angle, cutting until I reached the top edge by the shoulder/neck edge, making sure to leave a 5/8" seam allowance at the top neck edge. I also adjusted the pattern front-facing, I adjusted to match the v-neck front. I then followed the pattern instructions to complete my Remi. The pic below shows a closer look at the v-neck.



Thank you, DS for another great design.
This blog contains aff links.
http://designerstitch.com/?affiliates=12





No comments:

Post a Comment