Saturday, September 4, 2021

Monique Road Test

The Monique Jumpsuit/Dress 

a Designer Stitch Design


I have sewn many knit jumpsuits, but this is my first woven jumpsuit. When I went to look for fabric, I wanted a fabric that would be flowy. I found this beautiful tencel fabric. I never worked with tencel before. Working with tencel wasn't easy, but with a little patience it turned out great for me. 



The Monique comes with many versions, jumpsuit, shorts, dress, different lengths, and two types of sleeves, and a belt option. For my Monique, I choose the long pant jumpsuit with the bishop sleeves. I also used half round ivory buttons. Because I am 5' 3 1/2" tall, I did shortened the length just over 5". I like the option of using cups sizing, makes it so much easier in grading for proper fit.

Tips: When using tencel fabric, iron fabric before cutting it out, use interfacing on the edge where the invisible zipper will be sewn, adjust and grade until you are satisfied with the fit.

The many versions to the Monique shown below. Take a look in the DS shop to see the many awesome versions, of the Roadie Testers.


Overall, I am very happy with the Monique jumpsuit and do plan on making a long dress version. Thank you Ann for another fun design, very elegant too, well I fell very elegant with my version.

#aff link, http://designerstitch.com/?affiliates=12

No comments:

Post a Comment